|Takes you into new dimensions: Escan strength grading from the WEINIG optimizing specialists|
The EScan LuxscanLine marks a step into a new application for WEINIG. With EScan the product portfolio has been increased to optimized stress grading. A variety of different stress grading options is available now for the production of gluelam beams, DUO,TRIO and other strength based products.
Benefit from the increases in performance and check out the multiple options and combinations with our proven CombiScan series.
- Dynamic MOE measurement by laser interferometer
- Density computation by dynamic weighing and volume
- In line measurement (no need to stop the boards)
- Easily integrated into a cross conveyor
- User Friendly graphical user interface with touch screen
- Extensive production reports
- Built in network capabilities
- Direct integration with optical and x-ray scanners of the CombiScan+ series
- PC based system
- Options: ink jet printing device
Escan: the way it works
EScan is a grading machine for structural wood pieces, according to the standard EN-14081. EScan predicts the strength class of a board moving on a cross conveyor, by computing the dynamic Modulus of Elasticity (MOEdyn,long) and the density ρ. A mechanical device hits the board in order to create a vibration, which is measured by a laser interferometer. The density (ρ) results from combining the weight and dimension measurements. The bending strength is then predicted via statistical modelling. This proven and reliable technique provides consistent results for the prediction of the mechanical resistance –strength class- of a board.
This video is going to give you some further info: Video EScan